Thursday 25 April 2019

EAST AFRICAN NOTES AND RECORDS VOLUME II

From the pdf of the last post
by Martin Walsh

After a short break, East African Notes and Records is back. I hope so, anyway. I stopped posting in 2013 because my day-job left me with too little time and energy to do all the other research and writing that I wanted to. The only thing I continued doing was to maintain the list of publications and post comments that weren't spam. 

Now that I'm freelance again, I'm giving it another go. I recently made pdfs of all the old posts (Volume I, 2009-13), initially to ensure that I had an offline record of them, warts and sidebar and all. I then began posting them to academia.edu, and was pleasantly surprised to find that they were reaching a larger audience as a result.

Looking ahead, I'll pick up where I left off and keep to a similar format, at least initially. I considered starting a new blog to write about language and Swahili etymologies in particular, reflecting one of my current interests. For the time being, though, I've decided to post those pieces here, at the risk of inflicting my lexical mania on those of you with broader worldviews.

Needless to say, this isn't a current affairs blog. If you've got similar obsessions, evidence to back them up, and would like to comment or contribute, then please do drop me a line. I've you've had lots of random messages auto-generated by academia.edu declaring that you've been mentioned by me, then please accept my sincere apologies. Samahani sana!

No comments:

Post a Comment